Road closures on Coombe Road by the junction with Heathfield Gardens, caused by collapsing road surface and dodgy water mains, continue into a second week – despite Thames Water having originally intended to complete their works by yesterday.
The road closures have caused some traffic disruption in the South Croydon area, although for some residents, the absence of constant, heavy traffic has been a welcome relief.
Workmen on the site have suggested that the works may now take until the end of this week.
According to the South Croydon Community Association’s Facebook page, “Thames Water continue to work on the second major mains water leak in Coombe Road and Heathfeild Road in 12 months.
“These photos were taken on April 19, when the work was supposed to have been completed, according to signage at the site.
“The traffic issues continue in South Croydon with various main roads closed.
“Thames Water has council permission for the road closures until April 25, so let’s hope they are able to fix the problems before that date.”
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period