Dr Rosemarie Mallett was recently named as the next Bishop of Croydon.
Ahead of her consecration service this month, for our latest episode of our Under The Flyover podcast, iC editor Steven Downes conducted a wide-ranging interview in which the soon-to-be Bishop tells us how for her, Croydon is a place with “real heart”.
Dr Mallett also provides her thought-provoking ideas about what she and the church need to do to tackle the links between school exclusions and knife crime, talks about her lifelong battles for equality and against racism, and outlines the challenges for the church in her diocese following covid.
You can hear an extract from the interview here:
The full-length podcast is available exclusively to subscribers to Inside Croydon, one of many benefits they receive for supporting our independent, story-breaking journalism, still proudly based in Croydon.
- To find out more about becoming a subscriber, and get full access to our Bishop of Croydon podcast – including discovering what Dr Mallett’s favourite hymn is – click here
Read more: Energetic Bishop’s first move is to guide the community
Read more: Bishop gives a powerful farewell message to Croydon
Read more: Church appoints Mallett as first woman Bishop of Croydon
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period