The Metropolitan Police last night charged Verushan Manoharan, 31, with the murder of his own grandmother.
Manoharan is due to appear in custody at Croydon Magistrates’ Court today.
The police said a post-mortem examination will take place later.
Francis’s death was one of at least four knife attacks that took place in Croydon on Tuesday.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period