Two more men have been arrested in connection with the death of a man discovered near Norwood Junction Station on Sunday morning.
Darren Parchment, of Melrose Avenue, Norbury, has today been charged with murder. He is expected to appear at Croydon Magistrates’ Court today.
Another man, aged 23, was arrested yesterday on suspicion of murder. The police say that he “remains in custody at a south London police station”.
The police’s first arrest in the case was Agash Jeyanandam. He was arrested on suspicion of murder on Monday and charged the following day. He is due to appear at the Old Bailey today.
The police say that formal identification of the victim, a man thought to be in his 40s, has yet to be conducted.
The police ask that anyone with information related to this case should call police on 101 or Tweet @MetCC quoting CAD 1586/07AUG.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111 or visit http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period