Human Appeal, the humanitarian aid charity, has launched its annual Comedy Takeover, which will take place in 12 cities across the country from December 15 to 31, including several London dates and, on December 28, at the Grand Sapphire Hotel off the Purley Way in Croydon.
The comedy tour will be raising funds for Human Appeal’s flood relief project to rebuild homes in Pakistan for those affected by this year’s devastating floods.
Among this year’s line-up are American comedian and actor Omar Regan; Imran Yusuf, who made his TV debut on Michael McIntyre’s Comedy Roadshow; Ali Official, best known for his BBC Three comedy Muzlamic and for presenting the documentary Being British Bangladeshi; Aatif Nawaz, writer and star of BBC 3 comedy Muzlamic, who joins the Human Appeal Comedy Tour for the seventh consecutive year; and New York-based Sabeen Sadiq.
This year, the Human Appeal Comedy Takeover will culminate in a black-tie gala dinner in central London and feature special celebrity guest Guz Khan, best known for his work in hit TV show Man Like Mobeen and appearances on British panel show Taskmaster and comedy programme Live At The Apollo.
Tickets are now available here. Early bird tickets at £7 are available for a limited time only.
“Having recently visited some of the worst affected flood areas, it is heartening that our annual event is supporting the rebuilding of the homes of those who lost everything in the floods,” said Zaheer Khan, the director of fundraising at Human Appeal.
“We thank our headline sponsor Broadway City Gwadar who supported this tour with the aim of putting a smile on the faces of both those attending the show as well the vulnerable families impacted by the devastating floods in Pakistan,”
The tour dates include:
- Dec 26: The Atrium, 124 Cheshire Street, London, E2 6EJ
- Dec 27: Fairway Pavilion Banqueting Hall, Greenford Road, Southall UB1 3EE
- Dec 28: Grand Sapphire, 45 Imperial Way, Croydon, CR0 4RR
- Dec 29: Coliseum Suite, 300-310 High Road, Ilford, Essex, IG1 1QW
- Dec 30: Elite Banqueting Suite, The Park, Wexham Road, Slough, SL2 5QR
- Dec 31: Porchester Hall, Porchester Road, London W2 5HS
- Inside Croydon has been delivering local community news since 2010. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period