MHA Hall Grange, the home in Shirley, organised a Christmas fair last weekend, its first community event since the lockdown, and together with the generous help of volunteers raied £350.
The home offers residential and dementia care for up to 86 older people and has plenty of fundraising methods including a cake sale, a raffle and book sale to help bump up the figure.
The money raised will be used towards the homes amenity fund, which is used for activities and trips for residents.
Jade McMillan, activity coordinator, said: “The Christmas Fair was the first event we organised since the pandemic.
“Prior to the pandemic we used to have regular volunteers who would come in and spend time with residents, but this had to stop for obvious reasons.
“The residents really enjoyed seeing the volunteers again, as well as family and friends who attended.
“They got stuck and helped me make the Christmas decorations and were on hand to help in selling Christmas cards, canvas bags and other items.
“It was nice to see so many family members visit in one go and it’s something we have missed here at MHA Hall Grange.
“We had some great donations from attendees, and they were gratefully accepted.
“It was a real community event and one we are proud to have hosted.”
- Inside Croydon has been delivering local community news since 2010. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period