Clever Inside Croydon reader Jenny Stabeler has an extra special Christmas treat coming her way.
Jenny and up to four friends or family members are going to the the 6pm Boxing Day performance this year’s great Croydon pantomime – The Further Adventures of Peter Pan: The Return of Captain Hook after she was the first correct entry drawn in iC’s latest terrific competition.
Jenny – and many, many other readers who entered the competition – knew that JM Barrie was the original author of the Peter Pan stories.
Jenny and her guests now get to go to the Fairfield Halls on Monday to see what our own reviewer has described as a “must-see” show.
Peter Pan, Captain Hook and Tinker Bell have flown into the Fairfield Halls this Christmas with a star-studded cast, headed up by EastEnders Ricky Champ as Captain Hook and Gemma Hunt as Tinker Bell.
Also in the cast are Crackerjack’s Mark Rhodes as Smee and Channel 5 Milkshake! presenter David Ribi as Peter Pan, all starring in a brand-new swashbuckling adventure full of fun, laughter… and crocodiles!
After defeating the evil Captain Hook and his crew of prancing pirates, life has been pretty perfect for Peter Pan. But when a stranger arrives in Neverland, he is forced to question his past and face his future. Will Peter ever grow up?
And then there are the rumours… That a certain someone survived the stormy seas and is seeking revenge! Have you heard them too? People are saying … that Hook is back!
So watch out… he might be behind you!
Jenny Stabeler’s prize of five full-priced tickets for the Fairfield Halls panto would normally cost up to £175!
This competition is just one of many that we have been running for loyal readers of Inside Croydon. We’ve got more lined up for 2023 – when for many of them, you can only enter if you are a paid-up patron of this website, paying £4 per month to help support our ground-breaking, headline-making local journalism. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- The Further Adventures of Peter Pan runs at the Fairfield Halls until December 31. Tickets start from £30, but there are group booking and school offers also available. For more information, and to book your tickets, click here.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period