Aldi, which claims to be Britain’s fastest-growing supermarket chain, is recruiting to fill vacancies at its Coulsdon store.
Aldi has 20 in-store roles, including store assistants, at stores in Ewell, Cheam and at Coulsdon, where its new wage scale that came in on January 1 will see them pay all store assistants working in its stores inside the M25 at least £12.45 per hour.
“The supermarket remains the only supermarket to offer paid breaks, which for the average store colleague is worth £871 a year,” Aldi said today.
“Aldi is a multi-award-winning employer that offers one of the best working environments and competitive benefits packages in the UK supermarket sector. Aldi also creates opportunities for colleagues to develop and progress and has flexible contracts available, as well as healthcare and lifestyle perks,” they say.
“We are really excited about creating even more jobs in Greater London,” said Kelly Stokes, Aldi’s recruitment director. “Aldi’s increased popularity and customer demand for quality products allows us to keep growing and create more employment opportunities across the region.
“Working at Aldi means more than just having a job – we really care about our colleagues, both personally and professionally. On top of our competitive pay and benefits package, Aldi continues to offer a great working environment and real opportunities to progress within the business.”
Those interested in applying for one of the roles with Aldi can visit www.aldirecruitment.co.uk.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Our comments policy can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London