Join the Downsview Players in SE19 this May 18, 19 and 20 for The 39 Steps – a comedy spy thriller!
Richard Hannay is on the run and racing against time to save the country! His only hindrance is a cast of outrageous characters with implausible accents… oh, and a moving train, a biplane attack and a perilous drop from the Forth Bridge.
This comedy spy thriller is an affectionate parody of Hitchcock’s classic film, and is crammed with inventive stagecraft, thrilling chases, daring escapades — and a dash of old-fashioned romance. Suitable for ages 8-108.
Be thrilled, be intrigued, be on the edge of your seat!
Tickets on sale now! Online: https://www.ticketsource.co.uk/thedownsviewplayers
Box Office: 020 8405 6134
Price: £10 (plus booking fee online or on the phone); £11 on the door.
Venue: Downsview Methodist Church Hall, Waddington Way, Upper Norwood, SE19 3XH
Dates: May 18, 19 and 20
Time: Doors open 7.30pm for 8pm start. Saturday 20th includes a matinee where doors open at 1.30pm for a 2pm start.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine