One month into the Borough of Culture, being delivered with £1.2million of cash from the Mayor of London and the Arts Council, what has been its impact so far?
Indeed, for a year’s celebration launch staged in a cultural vacuum (Boozepark) and to which the Mayor himself didn’t bother to show up, has it made any impact at all?
To discuss all that, and what has been lined up as part of the Borough of Culture events, our guests for this latest round-table are Inside Croydon’s resident culture vulture, arts reviewer Ken Towl, Cheryl Fergus-Ferrell from Croydon FM (who, as we discover, have been inexplicably excluded from the Borough of Culture), South Norwood community activist Emma Hope-Fitch, and Neil Chandler, the former artistic director of the Fairfield Halls.
Download and listen in to half-an-hour’s on-point discussion of the arts scene in Croydon.
Plus, we also natter about some of the biggest stories on Inside Croydon in the past week.
The Croydon Insider is part of our Under The Flyover podcast strand, premium content made available first exclusively to patrons of Inside Croydon who, by paying £4.50 per month, receive a range of special offers, discounts and priority bookings, while supporting iC’s headline-making journalism, brought to you from the heart of the borough.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine
Excellent Podcast, well worth listening to.