Detectives are appealing for witnesses to a knife attack at Sanderstead Station on Saturday night.
A 27-year-old man was stabbed in the back, but is in a stable condition and his injuries are not thought to be life-changing.
The British Transport Police is handling the investigation.
Today, they told Inside Croydon: “Officers were called to Sanderstead railway station at 10.54pm on April 29 to reports of a stabbing.
“Paramedics also attended, and a 27-year-old man was taken to hospital for treatment to a single stab wound on his back.
“His injury is not deemed life-threatening or life-changing.
“No arrests have been made in connection at this time, and enquiries into the incident are ongoing.
“Witnesses, or anyone with information, can contact BTP by texting 61016 or calling 0800 40 50 40 quoting reference 887 of 29 April.
“Alternatively, they can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine