Wandle Park was the scene of more drug-related crime last night, with a Metropolitan Police helicopter surveying the immediate area in Waddon and South Croydon for around an hour just before midnight.
The police search was instigated after a man, aged in his early 20s, was found in Theobalds Road with a head injury, according to Scotland Yard.
“Officers were called at 23:20hrs by London Ambulance Service to reports of a man injured in a fight at Cornwall Road, Croydon,” the Met said in a statement issued to Inside Croydon.
The man was taken to hospital where his condition was neither life-threatening nor changing.
The police confirmed that the injuries were the result of an assault in Wandle Park.
“There have been no arrests. Inquiries continue,” the police say.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine