Six fire engines and around 40 firefighters tackled a fire on Woodmansterne Road in Carshalton on Friday.
Most of the first floor of a two-storey detached house was damaged by fire. There were no reports of any injuries.
The Brigade was called at 5.14pm and the fire was brought under control by 6.24pm.
Crews from Wallington, Sutton, Purley, Mitcham, Croydon and Forest Hill fire stations attended the scene.
The fire has been recorded as accidental.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine