The Croydon Insider podcast is back with our latest episode analysing the news stories that matter here, inside Croydon.
This episode welcomes iC patron Annabel Smith to our panel for the first time, as she discusses her visit to the Beddington Lane incinerator and its awful record for breaching the terms of its environmental licence – a story ITV London News has only started to catch up with last night.
Joining Annabel on our panel for this episode is regular columnist Andrew Fisher, who surprises himself with praise for the Tory MP Chris Philp, after he did, at least, attend a meeting of Croydon Muslims concerned at the humanitarian crisis in Gaza.
Returning guests Donna Fraser and Sanjana Idnani discuss the state of the Crystal Palace National Sports Centre, and a small glimmer of hope for the future, and NHS outsourcing and how it has brought Croydon’s largest hospital to the brink of strike action by cleaners and porters.
Inside Croydon’s editor Steven Downes chairs the discussion, as the panel consider the costly mistakes made over the £1billion Whitgift Centre property development deal which now might not be completed until 2038 at the earliest, and what that’s likely to mean for residents, businesses and the council, and how Old Palace School’s closure is one of the dire consequences.
The Croydon Insider podcast is premium content exclusively available to paid-up Inside Croydon subscribers via Patreon and Spotify.
- Sign up here as a subscriber today to listen in to our latest top pod!
- Previous episodes of the Croydon Insider, and our Under The Flyover celebrity interviews, are now also available on the Inside Croydon Spotify page, too.
A D V E R T I S E M E N T
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine