Engineering work is taking place at Victoria Station this weekend, Saturday November 18 and Sunday November 19. There will be no Southern services to or from Victoria, and no Gatwick Express service at all.
Replacement buses will run between Clapham Junction and East Croydon (via West Croydon). A few late-night and early-morning buses will be extended to run to and from London Victoria.
Trains to and from Brighton, Eastbourne, Ore, Portsmouth Harbour, Southampton Central, Bognor Regis, Littlehampton, East Grinstead, Horsham and Dorking will be diverted to and from London Bridge, with amended journey times.
Trains that usually run between Uckfield and London Victoria will run between Uckfield and East Croydon only.
Trains will not call at stations between London Bridge and East Croydon via Sydenham. For these stations, you can use London Underground services between London Bridge and Canada Water, and London Overground services between Canada Water and Crystal Palace or West Croydon via New Cross Gate or Sydenham.
No trains will run between Clapham Junction and Watford Junction. You can use Southern buses between East Croydon and Clapham Junction, London Underground between Clapham Junction and Victoria and Euston, and London Northwestern Railway services between London Euston and Watford Junction.
You can try to plan your journey using the National Rail Enquiries Journey Planner.
For advice if you need to travel on a rail replacement service, including accessibility and bicycle information, click here.
Southern helpfully suggests: “Please be advised that, on occasion, replacement vehicles may be busier than usual, and you should allow extra time for your journey.”
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine