KOSHH – the Keep Our St Helier Hospital campaign group – is staging a free screening and discussion this Friday, November 7, of Sell Off – The abolition of your NHS.
The film makers describe the documentary as “radical”, and say, “Corporate interests rather than patient care is driving reform in today’s NHS and will divert money away from you. And the media are failing to tell you this.” So this public screening represents a rare opportunity to judge the film and its claims for yourself.
The event is being staged at 7.30pm at the Friends Meeting House, 10 Cedar Road, Sutton SM2 5DA, with Dr Bob Gill, a GP who is featured in the film, being the main speaker at this free event.
Others involved in the film will also be in attendance, and audience participation will be encouraged.
KOSHH says, “The threats to St Helier Hospital and the NHS as a whole continue, as long as the privatisation agenda is forced through. We need your support to help safeguard our health service before it’s too late. Please come along to find out what we’re all up against, join the campaign, and help protect your family’s future health requirements.”
The closure of the A&E and maternity departments at St Helier, as has been proposed in the past, can only increase service demand on those provisions in Croydon and elsewhere across south London.
Space for film screening is limited, so please email to reserve your seat to firstname.lastname@example.org
Coming to Croydon
- St Giles School opening morning, Nov 5
- David Lean Cinema: Two Days, One Night, Nov 6
- Park Hill School fireworks display, Nov 7
- Grange Park bulb-planting event, Nov 8
- Streatham-Croydon women’s rugby training, Frant Road, Nov 9
- Brook recording studio open day and party, Nov 9
- David Lean Cinema, Paths of Glory, Nov 11
- Albert Einstein – Relativity Speaking, Spread Eagle, Nov 12-15
- David Lean Cinema, Ida, Nov 13
- Oval Tavern Folk Club, Nov 14
- South Croydon business breakfast, Nov 15
- Wandle Park community garden work day, Nov 16
- Streatham-Croydon women’s rugby training, Frant Road, Nov 16
- Personal safety training for volunteers, Nov 17
- David Lean Cinema, Effie Gray, Nov 20
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
- Choose Your Own Documentary, Spread Eagle Theatre, Nov 21-22
- David Lean Cinema, Lilting, Nov 22
- Streatham-Croydon women’s rugby training, Frant Road, Nov 23
- David Lean Cinema, Wakolda, Nov 27
- The Last Sense of Sudden, Spread Eagle Theatre, Nov 27-29
- Ghost Stories for Christmas, Spread Eagle Theatre, Dec 3
- Fog Horn Funnies, Spread Eagle Theatre, Dec 6
- Coulsdon Yulefest, Dec 6-7
- Oval Tavern Folk Club, Dec 7
- South Croydon business breakfast, Dec 13
- South Croydon business breakfast, Jan 24
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 407,847 page views (Jan-Jun 2014) If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com