The Tory leader of the opposition on Sutton Council has called for the postponement of tonight’s Standards Committee discussion on the Beddington incinerator, to enable the committee members to consider the latest reports publish today by Inside Croydon.
With the Sutton chief executive absent on leave, Tim Crowley, the Conservative councillor for Carshalton South and Clockhouse, has sent an urgent email to Jessica Crowe, the council official responsible for governance.
Crowley writes: “In light of the new evidence gathered by this article [Crowley includes the link to Conflicts of interest exposed over councillor’s old pals’ act], I believe it is only right and proper that agenda item 7 is pulled from the Standards Committee for tonight.
“I know an addendum has been published but if you ignore the compelling evidence here then the committee will not have all the relevant information.
In the addendum you refer yet again to the Judicial Review, but this also was not privy to this new evidence.”
The composition of the Standards Committee tonight has also been subject to a formal complaint to Crowe, since the panel includes Councillor Richard Clifton, an admitted close friend and neighbour of John Drage, the former LibDem councillor who is at the centre of concerns surrounding the awarding of the £1 billion Beddington incinerator contract.
- Sutton CEO accused of trying to gag councillor over incinerator
- Tom Brake link to £275,000 church donation from incinerator company
- Sutton official tried to influence vote at incinerator meeting
- Infant death rates on the rise where incinerators operate
- Inside Croydon Events: for dates and links to what’s happening in and around Croydon, updated daily, click here
Inside Croydon: Named among best regional media campaigns, 2014.
- Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 729,297 page views in 2014.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org