A cancer information and support service is coming direct to patients in Croydon this Wednesday, August 1.
Macmillan Cancer Support’s mobile service will be visiting Valley Retail Park from 9am to 4pm with cancer information specialists on-hand to answer questions and provide information. The service is completely free of charge.
The team encourages anyone with worries or concerns relating to cancer to stop by, whether you’re living with or beyond cancer, or are a carer or loved one of someone who is.
Look out for the Macmillan van at Valley Retail Park, Daniell Way, Croydon, CR0 4YJ, off the Purley Way, near Ikea.
“Whether you want to know what symptoms to look out for, need information about managing the side effects of your treatment, or want to find local support for carers, come along and see us,” said Macmillan’s Martina McGill.
“It’s also really important that people living with cancer are able to access the financial advice and support they are entitled to, so they can focus on what’s most important – their health. We can help signpost people to Macmillan benefits advisers who can provide free, confidential advice.”
For further information about Macmillan’s mobile information service, and planned visits, go to www.macmillan.org.uk/mobileinfo
If you are unable to visit the unit but have questions about cancer, visit www.macmillan.org.uk or call Macmillan free on 0808 808 00 00 (Monday to Friday, 9am to 8pm). You can find out about Macmillan services near you at http://www.macmillan.org.uk/in-your-area/choose-location.html.
- HELP KEEP INSIDE CROYDON ONLINE: For just £4 per month, you can support the local journalism that brings you Inside Croydon. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon is the borough’s only independent news source, and still based in the heart of Croydon
- 1.4 MILLION PAGE VIEWS IN 2017
- “Monitored” by the council CEO since 2010
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS 2017: Inside Croydon was source for twoaward-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com