Housebuilders Barratt London have donated a tablet to a Wallington care home, to help residents stay connected with friends and family during the covid-19 outbreak.
The tablet, which was delivered last week to the Bridge House Care Centre on London Road, is available for all residents to use to keep in contact with loved ones.
The residents have been unable to have any visits since the lockdown began in March, and so have to rely on technology to keep in contact with friends and family.
Febin Joseph, the care home manager, said, “We are so thankful that our residents can now stay connected to their families during this time.
“Everyone at Bridge House is extremely happy that they can now see and talk to their children, grandchildren and other loved ones. Our thanks go to Barratt London for its generous donation.”
As part of its response to support the fight against coronavirus, Barratt Developments has given £100,000 to the NHS Charities Together appeal, which supports 250 NHS charities collectively. It has also donated personal protective items, including thousands of high quality FFP3 face masks, gloves and hand sanitiser, to NHS hospitals and social care services.
Barratt’s regional manager, Pam Reardon, said: “It is essential for companies like us to donate this essential equipment to where it is urgently needed, and support those who are on the frontline. We are indebted to the NHS and other key workers, and so where we can assist with their efforts and help to save lives, both here in Sutton and across the UK, we will continue to do everything we can.”
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019