The artists of Exhibit12 aim to provide a varied and exciting collection to browse through, and use the online exhibition as a way of introducing their work to the local community.
Working in resin to oils, clay and ceramics, collages, prints or pen and ink, the subject matter ranges from portraits and still life to brutalist architecture.
A spokesperson for the group told Inside Croydon: “Many of us see this exhibition as an opportunity to test out some new ideas, as well as an opportunity to continue developing an ongoing body of work.
“Participating in Exhibit12 whilst being in second lockdown, after dealing with the effects of covid measures during the course of 2020, has brought us new focus, inspiration and the motivation to pursue what makes us happy and fulfilled.
“We couldn’t imagine a better place to showcase this new work than in our local community, which has supported and encouraged so many of us artists – we hope that this exhibition will provide a tiny escape from all the stresses and anxiety life is bringing at the moment.”
The dozen artists, all based around Crystal Palace, Gipsy Hill and West Norwood, are Louise C Galizia, Corin Ashleigh Brown, Anita Kutsarova, Daniel Hewitt, Elizabeth Knapp, Martin Jessup, Oana Gavrila, Sandrine Jarnet, Sarah Cooper, Tessa Newmark, Emma Walker and Graham Ruddick.
Using social media, and the hashtag #CPexhibit_12, there will be features available online about each of the artists, sharing posts and clips about the artists’ processes and work.
The exhibition will be online from November 30 to December 6. There will be a preview week starting next Monday, November 23.
You can follow the artists on instagram @CPexhibit_12 and on Twitter @CPexhibit_12
- 2010 to 2020: Inside Croydon has been delivering local community service and local community news for 10 years. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For three consecutive years, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Inside Croydon has been the source for award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by 721,000 unique visitors in 2019