The Amazon delivery station team in Croydon has donated £2,000 to a charity that provides support to patients, staff and visitors at St George’s Hospital.
The charity, based at the major NHS hospital in Tooting, received the donation as part of Amazon’s programme to support communities around its UK operating locations.
The donation will be used to support the St George’s Hospital Charity’s Thank You Appeal – an initiative set up to give back to staff who have worked tirelessly throughout the coronavirus pandemic.
“The services offered by St George’s Hospital Charity have never been more important and I’d like to thank them for everything they’re doing for our community during these challenging times,” said George Dennehy, a shift manager at Amazon’s Croydon delivery centre.
Community donations are one of a number of ways in which Amazon is supporting people across the UK during covid-19.
Amazon is providing disadvantaged students with online STEM courses as well as teaming up with charity partner Magic Breakfast and delivering more than 3.5million healthy breakfasts to families around the country.
“On behalf of St George’s Hospital Charity, I want to say thank you to the team from Amazon in Croydon,” Molly Simpson, the fundraising manager for St George’s Hospital Charity, said. “Donations like this are a big help.”
- You can support Inside Croydon’s news-breaking independent local journalism. Sign up today as a subscriber. Click here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors