Aldi, the fifth-largest supermarket chain in Britain, has announced it is looking to hire nearly 400 new staff across London this year.
Aldi says that they are “looking for people of all levels of experience to fill roles at its stores across the region, with salaries of up to £63,245”. This includes full-time positions such as stock assistant and store assistant, all the way up to deputy manager.
Aldi operates stores in Croydon including on the Purley Way, at Selhurst and in Selsdon.
The recruitment push forms part of Aldi’s nationwide expansion drive, with the supermarket expecting to create more than 2,000 jobs nationwide, adding to the 7,000 permanent roles already created over the past two years.
Aldi’s Kelly Stokes said: “As we continue to grow and make Aldi accessible to even more shoppers this year, we need thousands more amazing colleagues across the country to make that possible.
“That includes job roles at current and new stores across London..”
Store assistants at Aldi can earn £11.55 per hour when working inside the M25. Aldi remains the only supermarket to offer paid breaks, which for the average storeworker is worth £750 a year.
Those interested in applying for a career with Aldi can visit www.aldirecruitment.co.uk.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period