The Metropolitan Police have announced that they have stopped treating the death of a man in Addiscombe on Thursday as a murder case, and the three men that they arrested have been released on bail.
The dead man, now said to be aged 39, has not yet been identified.
A statement issued from Scotland Yard said, “A special post-mortem examination has found that injuries sustained by a man found dead in Croydon on Thursday evening may have been self-inflicted.”
Officers were called to Leslie Grove Place in Addiscombe around 6.30pm on Thursday “following reports that a person had been stabbed”, the police say.
“Following the outcome of the special post-mortem, the investigation into the circumstances will be taken forward by South Area CID officers and not the Specialist Crime Command.”
Officers continue to appeal for anyone with information to come forward, by calling 101 with the reference 6339/21APR.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period