The funeral will take place later today of Mark Knight, the popular landlord of the Dog and Bull pub on Surrey Street.
Market traders and stall-holders, as well as regulars from the pub and market shoppers, will be paying their respects when the funeral cortege enters Surrey Street via Crown Hill at around 3pm, when it will stop briefly outside the pub, before exiting via Scarbrook Road.
Other vehicles connected with the funeral will also be entering Surrey Street during the course of the afternoon.
A message from Knight’s family asks that stall-holders and their customers take care and move off the road as the vehicles pass through.
The pub raised hundreds of pounds for the British Heart Foundation in a collection held after Knight’s sudden death last month.
Knight, 51, had been running the pub, the oldest in Croydon, for nine years.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period