The Metropolitan Police are asking for witnesses to come forward after a 15-year-old boy was stabbed in broad daylight yesterday at a bus stop outside The Colonnades, by the busy A23 Purley Way.
The victim was rushed to hospital after being knifed, where his injuries have been determined as not life-threatening.
The police cordoned off the bus stand as they sought evidence. There have been no arrests made. Enquiries continue, the Met said today.
Police were called at about 5.40pm on Coronation bank holiday Monday to reports of an assault at The Colonnades.
Anyone with information is asked to call police via 101 quoting reference CAD 5737/08May.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine