The Crystal Palace Park Trust has made a final call for volunteer stewards for the visit of the BBC’s Antiques Roadshow next month.
“We are very much looking forward to welcoming the BBC to Crystal Palace Park on June 4 for the filming of Antiques Roadshow,” a statement from the Trust says.
“Admission to the event is by ticket only.
“The BBC requires volunteer stewards to assist with the safe management of the event.”
The Trust says that volunteers do not need to apply for a ticket to attend, but that they would be required to:
- Be available for a short site briefing in the park on the afternoon of Saturday June 3 afternoon and all day Sunday June 4; and
- Give consent to being filmed as you go about your work you may appear in the background of the filming
First broadcast in 1979, Antiques Roadshow regularly attracts 6million viewers on its Sunday evening slot. This year is the 46th series of Antiques Roadshow, with Crystal Palace Park being chosen as one of six locations.
Those wishing to attend, but not as volunteers, perhaps seeking an expert valuation for their family’s most-prized possession, must apply for free tickets by visiting www.bbc.co.uk/antiquesroadshow.
The Roadshow team is also inviting the public to submit pictures and information about their treasured items via the same website. This year, as well as antiques and family heirlooms, Antiques Roadshow is on a special hunt for more modern, 20th and 21st Century treasures – everything from retro toys to movie and music memorabilia, from mid-century furniture to vintage fashion, from designer handbags to rare trainers.
And anyone who would like to volunteer as a steward are asked to email: Events@CrystalPalaceParkTrust.org
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine