Diabetes UK is inviting people to go the extra mile on Sunday, September 24 and take on the London Bridges Wellness Walk, a sponsored walk through the heart of the capital.
The 10-mile walk will start in Battersea Park and then walkers will criss-cross 12 of London’s bridges as they notch up the miles heading east.
Passing Big Ben and the London Eye, walkers will see the sights of central London before finishing in the shadow of Tower Bridge.
The route is step-free, accessible for wheelchairs, mobility scooters and pushchairs. There is also a shorter five-mile option.
Diabetes UK supports people who are living with diabetes – a serious condition which, left undiagnosed or not managed safely, can lead to devastating long-term complications, including blindness, heart disease and stroke.
London Bridges is a family day out for a good cause and everyone is welcome to join in the fun. Registration is now open and costs £10 per person.
Join in a walk towards a happier and healthier future.
Find out more at London Bridges Wellness Walk 2023.
Or by emailing email@example.com or calling 0345 123 2399.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine