Scrumbles, the pet food brand that was launched five years ago from an Addiscombe kitchen and then turned down investment from BBC television’s “Dragons”, will now see their products sold through 330 branches of Asda across the country.
With the brand already available across Sainsbury’s, Tesco, Pets At Home, Amazon and Ocado, the launch into Asda further expands the brand’s availability to make Scrumbles’s gut-friendly recipes accessible to more pets.
Scrumbles was recently rated at No12 on the Sunday Times‘s fastest growing businesses in Britain.
Shoppers can expect to find a wide range of Scrumbles dry food, wet food and treats for both cats and dogs across Asda stores nationwide and online. In keeping with their gut health focus, each recipe is 100% natural and packed with added pre or probiotics for even most discerning doggies and fussy felines.
Scrumbles co-founder and CEO Aneisha Soobroyen said: “We’re super proud of this launch. It feels like only yesterday Jack and I were packing orders out of our kitchen, and now we’re available in the top three grocers in the country, aiming to feed as many pets our gut-friendly recipes as possible.
“This is a major milestone for us, and we couldn’t be happier with the support from the team at Asda.”
Scrumbles was founded in 2018 by Soobroyen and her husband Jack Walker, after they had sought, and failed to find, suitable food for their own pets, which suffered digestive health issues.
Scrumbles products are all manufactured in the UK.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine