The headline question, “Can we end racism in Croydon in a generation?” is the theme of a week’s worth of activities planned for a “pop-up shop” (ie. using an empty retail outlet for no rent for a short while) in the centre of town next week by the Runnymede Trust.
The organisers say:
Pop in any time for a chat over a free cup of tea and slice of cake, or come to one of our planned events:
- Launch of our documentary Is Croydon Racist? featuring Linford Christie, followed by a Q&A with Gavin Barwell MP and others (Fri Nov 4, 6.30-8.30pm)
- Have your say on the recent riots at our informal drop-in discussion (Sat Nov 5, 2pm)
- Got a view on stop and search? Come to the launch of a new film on the issue, followed by a debate (Sunday Nov 6, 2pm)
- What can you do to end racism in a generation? Come to our next steps and closing event (Monday Nov 7, 5.30pm)
For more information on the event email email@example.com.
- Disgrace of benefits office in Croydon with no disabled access (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon’s MPs decide you won’t get a vote on Europe (insidecroydon.com)
- Croydon 8/8: Police admit only 100 officers in thin blue line (insidecroydon.com)