Ten-year-old schoolboy Lewis Dyges from Gonville Primary in Thornton Heath has won a special prize for providing the design for local MP Steve Reed’s Christmas card – but he won’t find out what the prize is until Christmas day, because he has decided to keep it all wrapped up until then.
Dyges also received a printed copy of his winning design and a certificate, together with the runners-up, Layomi Osinowo and Aluel Omer Garang Yak Tonga.
“I was astonished by the very high standard of entries this year,” Reed said.
“It was very hard to pick a winner, but Lewis’s design stood out for its use of colour, visual impact and a very Christmassy feel. Lewis is clearly a very talented young man and I hope he and all the other children who entered the competition have a very happy Christmas.”
Coming to Croydon
- Cinema Ruskin: Dec 21
- Surrey Street Christmas market, Dec 22
- Community Carol Service, ACA, Dec 22
- Steve Knightly at Stanley Halls: Feb 5
- Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough – 262,183 page views (Jan-Jun 2013)
- Post your comments on this article below.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com