This Sunday sees one of the handful of open days this year at Shirley Windmill, the 150-year-old working mill and piece of living history.
Shirley Windmill is one of only four remaining working windmills in the Great London area.
Shirley Windmill is located in Postmill Close, Croydon, Surrey, CR0 5DY, about 2 miles from East Croydon station.
Open Days in 2014:
July 6: 1pm – 5pm
August 3: 1pm – 5pm
September 7: 1pm – 5pm
London Open House Day September 21: 12 noon – 5pm
October 5: 1pm – 5pm
The last guided tour of the day starts at 4pm — visitors are advised to come early to avoid disappointment.
From time to time, special events for visitors to enjoy are arranged by The Friends of Shirley Windmill. They are also pleased to arrange group visits to the mill for those who are unable to attend on normal Open Days.
- Visit the Friends of Shirley Windmill website from time to time to check any alterations to the dates and times of the Open Days
Coming to Croydon
- South Norwood Arts Festival, July 5-20
- Basically Johnny Moped at Stanley Tech, July 8
- David Lean Cinema: We Are The Best!, July 10
- Croydon Folk and Blues Festival, July 12
- David Lean Cinema: Half of a Yellow Sun, July 17
- David Lean Cinema: Pantani: Accidental Death of a Cyclist, July 21
- David Lean Cinema: Tracks, July 24
- Fragile, Spread Eagle Theatre, July 24-26
- CODA’s Midsummer Night’s Dream at Wandle Park, Jul 30-Aug 2
- David Lean Cinema: Locke, July 31
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 407,847 page views (Jan-Jun 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com