Why go all the way to Glastonbury when there’s a music festival on your doorstep in the centre of Croydon?
The Croydon Folk and Blues Festival will be staged for the 24th year on Saturday, July 12, from noon to 11pm in the walled garden at Ruskin House on Coombe Road.
There are licensed bars with real ales, a barbecue, tea and cakes, bouncy castle, face painting and side stalls including tombola, plants, bric-a-brac, as well as books and music stalls.
Admission to the festival is £3 on the door, with accompanied children under 16 are free.
There will be live music throughout the day and evening. Homebrood, a local Celtic Rock band, will open the festival at noon, so people need to arrive on time not to miss this exciting new band.
Singer-songwriter Ron Trueman-Border will be appearing at the festival with his band the Perfect Strangers. There will be a wide range of music and the other bands performing include Soul Experience, The Feuding Lloyds, Libre Fuego, Butt of Lewis, MiLarkey, Famous Last Words and the Rob family Band.
There will also be a song and dance performance by a Russian children’s choir in national costume, the Schiehallion Scottish Pipe Band and a martial arts performance.
The festival is raising money for the Breast Cancer Campaign.
- Further information can be obtained from Garry Davis on 01737553493 or Roy Aird on 07941890756
- Or visit www.folkandblues.org and www.ruskinhouse.org.uk
Coming to Croydon
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- St Peter’s Village Fayre, South Croydon, June 28
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Croydon Careers Fair, North End, June 30
- David Lean Cinema: Calvary, July 3
- Coast to Capital business briefing, July 4
- Basically Johnny Moped at Stanley Tech, July 8
- David Lean Cinema: We Are The Best!, July 10
- David Lean Cinema: Half of a Yellow Sun, July 17
- David Lean Cinema: Pantani: Accidental Death of a Cyclist, July 21
- David Lean Cinema: Tracks, July 24
- Fragile, Spread Eagle Theatre, July 24-26
- CODA’s Midsummer Night’s Dream at Wandle Park, Jul 30-Aug 2
- David Lean Cinema: Locke, July 31
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com