Local schools are being invited to take part in the first Learning Festival being staged this June at the former RAF Battle of Britain base at Kenley.
Kenley Revival, the Heritage Lottery-funded group which is curating and caring for what is possibly the last remaining air base from World War II with its runways intact, is staging five days of “engaging STEM and history activities on the airfield”.
Those participating in the events, to be staged from June 26 to 30, can expect:
- Replica aircraft
- Re-enactment performances
- STEM workshops and competitions
- WWII tours and handling sessions
- WWII poster workshop
- Forest skills activities and workshops
- WWII exhibition
The full programme has yet to be finalised.
Teachers and youth workers can express an interest and obtain more information by visiting the Kenley Revival website here.
- Inside Croydon is Croydon’s only independent news source, still based in the heart of the borough. In 2016, we averaged 17,000 page views every week
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or a local event to publicise, please email us with full details at email@example.com