- 4,318,725 hits
Top Posts & Pages
- Addiscombe Alison Butler Andrew Pelling Ashburton Barwell Beddington Lane incinerator Boris Johnson Broad Green Chris Philp MP Conservative Coulsdon Council Tax Croydon Croydon Central Croydon Clocktower Croydon Council Croydon North Croydon South Crystal Palace Crystal Palace FC David Lean Cinema East Croydon station England Fairfield Fairfield Halls Gavin Barwell Hammersfield Hammerson Jo Negrini Kenley Labour Liberal Democrats London London Assembly London Borough of Croydon Mayor Member of parliament Mike Fisher Music Nathan Elvery New Addington Norbury Paul Scott Purley Purley Way Richard Ottaway Sanderstead Sarah Jones MP Shirley South Croydon South Norwood Stanley Halls Steve O'Connell Steve Reed OBE Surrey Surrey Street Sutton Sutton Council Taberner House TfL Thornton Heath Tim Pollard Tony Newman Tory Transport for London UKIP Upper Norwood Viridor Waddon Wandle Park Warlingham Westfield Whitgift Centre Whitgift Foundation Winston McKenzie
- RT @InsideCroydon: TfL’s £28m tram loop that benefits no one but Westfield #Croydon @BBCr4today @TramsLondon @TfL @SadiqKhan @guardian htt… 1 hour ago
- RT @InsideCroydon: Giant Priest rewards Warlingham for their faith with a try #Croydon @BBCr4today @Inattheside @MightyWarl @pjfrfc https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @InsideCroydon: Willow weaving workshop, Beddington Park, Oct 8 #Sutton @BBCr4today @beddington_park @LondonLiveEvent @Londonist https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @InsideCroydon: Celebrating Age event, Barrow Road, Oct 11 #Croydon @BBCr4today @Waddon @AgeUKCroydon @TimeOutLondon @ESgoingout https:… 1 hour ago
- RT @michaelmaslona: @cleanstreetstu @yourcroydon @InsideCroydon Thank you Stuart. Your help is appreciated. 1 hour ago
- RT @SurreyOpera: A week to go to the World Premiere performances of the new opera "The Life To Come" by Louis Mander and Stephen... https:/… 1 hour ago
Tag Archives: Kenley Airfield
Kenley aerodrome, the most intact RAF fighter airfield remaining from World War II, will be returned to its former glory for a free and spectacular Sky Heroes event on Sunday September 10, showcasing the site’s important Battle of Britain history … Continue reading
Probably the most innovative and creative heritage schemes in the borough is recruiting an apprentice. The Lottery-funded Kenley Revival project fuses conservation, wildlife, history and archaeology in and around the former Battle of Britain airfield.
Local schools are being invited to take part in the first Learning Festival being staged this June at the former RAF Battle of Britain base at Kenley. Kenley Revival, the Heritage Lottery-funded group which is curating and caring for what … Continue reading
The Grade II-listed Officers’ Mess at Kenley airfield was all-but destroyed by fire last night. Coincidentally, the two-storey building was subject to a planning application with Tandridge District Council for conversion into flats, as Inside Croydon reported last week.
A neighbouring Tory-run local authority in Surrey is consulting on bulldozing a golf course and redeveloping next to a Battle of Britain conservation area in a drive to build thousands of homes on the Green Belt, reports WALTER CRONXITE Croydon’s … Continue reading
An ambitious project to preserve the history of Kenley’s Battle of Britain airfield and make its history available for the digital world has been granted £881,000 from the Lottery Heritage Fund. Kenley was part of London’s front-line of defence in … Continue reading