In the latest exclusive offer for Inside Croydon supporters, and thanks to the Croydon Bach Choir, Patrons can get £5 off the adult ticket price for the choir’s next concert, a performance of Sir Edward Elgar’s The Kingdom on April 6.
The Kingdom was first performed in 1906, an oratorio written soon after Elgar’s better-known work, The Dream of Gerontius.
The Kingdom considers the role of Christ’s apostles, depicts the community of the early church, Pentecost, and the events of the days following the resurrection.
Some of Elgar’s supporters, including conductor and composer Sir Adrian Boult, consider The Kingdom his greatest choral work.
The Croydon Bach Choir, established nearly 60 years ago, has developed a reputation as one of the most prestigious large classical choral societies in south-east, with members of all ages and from a wide variety of backgrounds. Each season they perform a number of high-quality concerts in Croydon, including works by Bach but also a diverse range of other choral repertoire, for which they engage professional soloists and orchestras.
They will be performing The Kingdom at one of their regular venues, St Matthew’s in Park Hill.
Adult tickets are £12 each, or four for £36.
But Patrons of Inside Croydon can use a special discount code to get £5 off ther price of their ticket.
The discount code will be sent to all iC Patrons via the Patreon messaging service.
Inside Croydon supporters help to fund our “opinionated and eccentric” (Private Eye magazine) news-breaking original journalism, with a voluntary contribution of just £4 a month, and as well as the warm glow they get for such benevolence, they also qualify for regular reader offers such as this.
Patron Mark Vaughan has this week won a pair of tickets to see Banter play live at The Oval Tavern tomorrow night, in one of our latest, exclusive competitions for our subscribers.
To sign-up and become a Patron, and qualify for this and future offers, click here now.
Inside Croydon has two other Reader Offers open to all our followers.
There’s the back-stage pass to see the guitar masterclass at The Front Room on April 5. Click here for more details.
And there’s Ken Towl’s guided ramble on April 6. Click here to sign up for this FREE Croydon walk.
Our special star-gazing night at Kenley Observatory is now fully booked.
- Please support Inside Croydon’s award-winning, news-breaking local journalism. It’s just £4 per month, and you qualify for special discounts and offers. Click here to sign-up as a donor
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism and BBC London News
- Inside Croydon named Journalist of the Year at 2018 Anna Kennedy Online Autism Heroes Awards
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: For two consecutive years, 2017 and 2018, Inside Croydon has been the source for two award-winning nominations in Private Eye magazine’s annual celebration of civic cock-ups
- In 2018, Inside Croydon had 1.6million pages viewed by more than half a million unique visitors
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or what to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org