A house fire on Sundridge Road, Addiscombe, last night has prompted the London Fire Brigade to issue a reminder to register your white goods – domestic appliances such as washing machines, driers, fridges and freezers.
Part of the ground floor of the mid-terrace house on Sundridge Road was damaged by the fire. There were no reports of any injuries, according to the Brigade.
The cause of the fire is believed to have involved a tumble dryer.
A London Fire Brigade spokesperson told Inside Croydon: “If your white goods start making a strange noise, don’t ignore it. If you think there’s a problem always unplug it and contact the manufacturer or a qualified repair technician.
“Most fires where white goods are the source of ignition are not down to anything you have done – so always make sure you register your appliances as you’ll be informed if any issues are identified with the product you’ve bought.”
The Brigade was called to the Sundridge Rooad fire at half-past-midnight and the fire was under control by 1am.
Two fire engines and around 10 firefighters from Woodside and Croydon fire stations attended the scene.
- You can support Inside Croydon’s news-breaking independent local journalism. Sign up today as a subscriber. Click here
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named the country’s rottenest borough in 2020 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine – the fourth successive year that Inside Croydon has been the source for such award-winning nominations
- Inside Croydon: 3million page views in 2020. Seen by 1.4million unique visitors