The Selsdon Park Hotel, once one of the leading country house hotels in Britain, is reopening early in 2023 as the second Birch Hotel, and the new management is staging a recruitment day next month.
They have vacancies for receptionists, kitchen, chefs, landscapers and grounds maintenance, restaurant staff, maintenance and wellness – among others.
The recruitment day will be Wednesday December 7, from 10am to 8pm at the Clocktower by Croydon Town Hall.
The hoteliers say, “If you want to be part of this exciting opportunity to work in a stunning 5-star hotel then book your place to attend by contacting email@example.com.”
The Birch hotel is to be relaunched as the second property in the company’s lifestyle brand, building on the success of the original Birch site, which was named Hotel of the Year 2020 by The Sunday Times.
Inside Croydon reported on the acquisition of the Selsdon Park Hotel earlier this year. The hotel has been closed for refurbishment since December 2021, the 200-acre parkland golf course closed permanently.
Birch’s first hotel, in Hertfordshire, offers art workshops, yoga and spin classes, a bakery, pottery lessons and foraging walks. “There are even yurts: more Hoxton-in-the-Sticks than Selsdon Man”, as we reported in February.
- Inside Croydon has been delivering local community news since 2010. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period