Eye-catchingly bright yellow posters, featuring Croydon Mayor Jason Perry and the slogan “15% NOW YEAH!!” have been appearing around the town centre.
More inspired than many of the offerings from the dullards in charge of the Borough of Culture, the posters are a protest against the 15per cent Council Tax hike and the latest cuts in services. The posters are designed by local street artist Evade Rules, and a (very) limited edition is available for sale, with proceeds going to local charities.
The people behind the Love Cronx Twitter account say that the 15% NOW YEAH!! poster, “captures the mood of Croydon residents who feel that they have been forced to pay an outrageous increase in Council Tax by Jason Perry, the Mayor, at a time when cost of living is rising faster than ever”.
They say: “Funding cuts for services have hit our charities the hardest, including Disability Croydon, who have had their council funding cut by 100per cent, forcing them to make all their paid staff redundant.”
There are 20 hand-finished prints available to purchase from today, with all profits going directly to Disability Croydon.
Pop into OurSpace at 50 High Street between 9am and 5pm to purchase the limited-edition print and give directly to the people in our community that need your support the most.
Minimum donation £15, suggested £25, framed £45. The heavyweight digital art prints are all signed, numbered and hand finished in gold marker.
Read more: Here’s the Mayor and 33 Croydon Tory councillors who THREE times voted in favour of hitting you with a 15% Council Tax hike
Read more: Only three councillors were as good as their word and stood up for the people against Tory Mayor Perry’s 15% Council Tax hike
SIGN THE PETITIONS HERE
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine
A big thank you to Evade Rules – A great statement but more importantly highlighting the effects of Perrys cuts impacting on the most vulneralbe in this Borough.
What a great loss to this borough when a charity worker who gave up a very successful business to give back to this Community – is dumped on by this Mayor and Council.
So many disabled and vulnerable people helped over 17 years. So many people at the Council and other organisations she has worked with and with them made things better for the people of Croydon – All cut by Perry and Co!
Tireless dedication, no pay rises, so many hours unpaid, and so many successes that changed lives and made them better. Now no longer able to deliver this because of Perrry!
Yes deliver – not talk about it – not signpost – not play pass the parcel – a person that actually delivers for people and obtains what she can towards their needs and how best to use that. Someone who was actually there – not on the end of a phone – but there in person – there with them when they needed her.
A person who actually was getting them appropriate care when left with no help and no ability and this Councils cuts made it ever more difficult to access mandatory and Statutory care. A person who also saved this council hundreds of thousands of pounds in court fee’s and fines and rlings against them just by getting the right thing done that they failed to do. All without recognition praise or self aggrandisement unlike this Council and Perry
A person who was actually there to speak for, and with them, and support their groups. A person who would actually help them build up to be able to self support each other – It did not matter what the problem was, what the barriers were she was there and did what was needed. Just like a Sister, a Mother,a Nurse a Wife and not just an employee.
You know, someone who actually cared and delivered. Selflessly!
And still does
So in the absence of any recognition of all the good you brought to this Borough from this sorry Mayor and Co. A very big hug and a huge thank you for those 17 years given to Croydon. Thank you Michelle.
I am sure all those you have helped are grateful and send you their best as well.