Our latest podcast includes among our guests former Olympic sprinter Donna Fraser.
It’s the first time on our podcast we have had the pleasure of the company of someone who holds the Freedom of the Borough, as Donna does.
Listen in to discover whether having the Freedom of the Borough entitles the holder to drive a flock of sheep over the Croydon Flyover, or some such…
We’re also joined for this episode by Darryl Chamberlain, the editor of another wide-ranging London local news site, the recently renamed Greenwich Wire, plus historian and sports buff David Morgan.
Together, we discuss…
- Railway ticket office closures – and the impact on passengers
- The Addiscombe college that trained a private army
- and Croydon Arena and how public sports facilities need more support
The Croydon Insider is premium content which is made exclusively available first to Inside Croydon’s loyal supporters. Details of how you can sign up, for less than £5 per month, to support our agenda-setting local journalism, follow the links below…
And meanwhile, listen to our latest episode here:
Previous episodes of the Croydon Insider:
- The Borough of Culture Special
- What do other Londoners think about Croydon?
- Giraffes, Marks & Sparks and murder
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine