A Croydon man who won £620,000 on the National Lottery last month went out to celebrate… with a fish and chip supper.
So much for superstitions, too: the man’s huge win took place after a draw held on Friday 13th!
Little detail has been released about mysterious “Mr G”, apart from the facts that he lives in the London Borough of Croydon and that he works as a driver.
On October 13, he matched the five main numbers and one Lucky Star number in the EuroMillions draw. It won him the grand total of £619,718.80.
According to National Lottery organisers Camelot, “He now plans to use his winnings to treat his family, including a cruise for his sister.”
Camelot say, “The lucky Croydon local, who played a personal selection of random numbers via the National Lottery app, has become one of more than 8million players that win each week on The National Lottery’s range of games.”
Thanks to National Lottery players, £30million is generated every week for good causes. This money helps fund projects across the nation, with more than 670,000 grants – supporting projects both big and small – having been made across the country to date.
- Inside Croydon – as seen on TV! – has been delivering local community news since 2010. 3million page views per year in 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- If you want real journalism, actually based in the borough, you should consider paying for it. Please sign up today. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- As featured on Google News Showcase
- We offer FREE ads to community groups when they have members who are paid subscribers to Inside Croydon
- Our comments section on every report provides all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- ROTTEN BOROUGH AWARDS: Croydon was named among the country’s rottenest boroughs for a SIXTH successive year in 2022 in the annual round-up of civic cock-ups in Private Eye magazine