Children’s theatre is coming to Stanley Halls on Saturday May 17.
Two professional theatre productions, Mrs McMoon (at 11.30am) and Signor Baffo (2pm) are being staged at the re-opened Norwood venue.
Mrs McMoon is suitable for ages 3 to 6, and is a one-woman show which had a sell-out run at the Greenwich Theatre to great acclaim. Mrs McMoon asks all those coming to the show to “bring mischief, surprise and laughter. Singing flowers, scrumulumptious biscuits and a Scottish jig are all just a door knock away.”
Set in the warm surroundings of her cosy old living room where tea is brewing and the smell of freshly baked cookies tickle your nostrils, let a sweet old lady take you by the hand to explore a world of brave and daring adventures.
Signor Baffo is intended for children aged 5 to 8.
How do you make a chicken lay an egg, and how does a sausage roll? All is revealed in the charming culinary chaos of Signor Baffo’s kitchen.
Both plays are from Worboys Productions, a new independent theatre producer,specialising in the development and touring of new work.
- Tickets for each production are £8 adults and £5 children. Tickets are available from http://www.ticketsource.co.uk/stanleyhalls, or by calling our box office on 0333 666 3366 (9am-7pm Mon-Fri; 9am-5pm Sat). Groups of 10 or more can be booked by emailing email@example.com
Coming to Croydon
- David Lean Cinema: Blue Velvet, May 10
- Croydon Ecology Centre seeds and seedlings sale, May 11
- South Norwood local election hustings, May 12
- Thornton Heath local election hustings, May 14
- Norwood Society Talk: West Norwood – a place of change, May 15
- David Lean Cinema: The Invisible Woman, May 15
- Broad Green local election hustings, May 15
- Coulsdon West local election hustings, May 16
- Croydon RFC charity memorial day, May 17
- Coulsdon East local election hustings, May 19
- St Giles’ primary school open morning, May 21
- David Lean Cinema: The Rocket, May 22
- Greek Myths: stories and mask-making, May 27
- Howard Marks: Scholar, Smuggler, Prisoner, Scribe, May 29
- David Lean Cinema: Dallas Buyers Club, May 29
- Tales from Ancient Greece, Upper Norwood Library, May 29
- Upper Norwood Library Book Club, May 31
- Stitch Pitch quilting workshop, Upper Norwood Library, June 2
- Croydon Tech City “summit”, June 6
- Lakes Playground Action Group fun day, June 14
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, June 15
- Norwood Society Talk: The Concrete Church, June 19
- Classic Car Show at Purley Rotary Fields, June 22
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org