The Croydon Gospel Choir is setting off on a Big City Tour next month to celebrate its 35th anniversary with performances planned for Birmingham, Chester Cathedral and the University of Kent at Canterbury.
The choir’s London concert will take place at The Emmanuel Centre, in the West End at Marsham Street on June 21.
During the tour, the choir will perform their mixture of contemporary, traditional, classical and jazz-flavoured gospel and inspirational music. The concerts will also feature guest appearances from some of the best choirs in the country, including a number of workplace choirs featured in a recent BBC television series.
The choir, directed by award-winning composer and conductor Ken Burton, regularly appears on television, their credits as varied as Songs of Praise and EastEnders.
Ticket prices start from just £10 and they can be bought in advance at http://www.cgcbigcitytour.co.uk/tickets.html.
Coming to Croydon
- David Lean Cinema: The Rocket, May 22
- Songs From The Ledge, Spread Eagle Theatre, May 23
- Greek Myths: stories and mask-making, May 27
- The Information Project Crystal Palace debate, May 28
- Howard Marks: Scholar, Smuggler, Prisoner, Scribe, May 29
- David Lean Cinema: Dallas Buyers Club, May 29
- Tales from Ancient Greece, Upper Norwood Library, May 29
- Upper Norwood Library Book Club, May 31
- Stitch Pitch quilting workshop, Upper Norwood Library, June 2
- Croydon Tech City “summit”, June 6
- An Improvised Murder, Spread Eagle Theatre, June 7
- Crystal Palace Transition Town annual meeting, June 11
- Lakes Playground Action Group fun day, June 14
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, June 15
- Norwood Society Talk: The Concrete Church, June 19
- Classic Car Show at Purley Rotary Fields, June 22
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- Warnings to the Curious, Spread Eagle Theatre, June 27
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Fragile, Spread Eagle Theatre, July 24-26
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com