A brief, and easily missed, notice has appeared on the Croydon Council website.
“Due to server maintenance, our online forms, My Account and About Your Area sections of the website will be unavailable on Friday (20 June) evening from 11:30pm until late afternoon Saturday (21 June).
“We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.”
This”server maintenance” comes just two weeks after the council website was down in part for nearly a fortnight, as the new IT contractors, Crapita, struggled to handle what was supposed to be a “seamless” takeover.
The bungling even saw catering staff having to try to fix the live feed from the Mayor Making ceremony at the Town Hall when the IT department failed to manage to deliver pictures from the overcrowded Town Hall chamber.
It meant that almost the first duty of Croydon’s new Mayor, Manju Shahul Hameed, was to apologise to those residents who had wasted their time attending the council meeting and spent an hour forced to watch a blank screen.
Clearly, the council’s new leadership will be taking up the matter of Crapita’s service performance and the council website when they sit down for dinner together at the formal Mayor’s Banquet next week, which is paid for by… Crapita.
Coming to Croydon
- Airport House swing dance free event, June 21
- Park Hill School summer fair, June 21
- Classic Car Show at Purley Rotary Fields, June 22
- David Lean Cinema: Feet from Stardom, June 23
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- David Lean Cinema: The Lunchbox, June 26
- Warnings to the Curious, Spread Eagle Theatre, June 27
- Metamono Secrets of Nature, Upper Norwood, June 27
- St Peter’s Village Fayre, South Croydon, June 28
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Fragile, Spread Eagle Theatre, July 24-26
- Coast to Capital business briefing, July 4
- CODA’s Midsummer Night’s Dream at Wandle Park, Jul 30-Aug 2
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com