A man has been charged with murder following the discovery on Sunday morning of a body on Station Road, close to Norwood Junction Station.
The police have not yet named the dead man, who was said to be in his 40s.
But last night they announced that Agash Jeyanandam, 23, of Stonecroft Way, had been arrested and charged with murder.
He will appear at Croydon Magistrates’ Court on today.
Police were called at 05.34am on August 7 after concerns were raised for the wellbeing of a person who had been found unresponsive in Station Road. He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Met’s Specialist Crime Command is leading the murder investigation.
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period