The volunteers at the South Norwood Community Kitchen is dealing with impact of homelessness and in-work poverty on a daily basis.
Here, they offer an at-a-glance guide to the help and emergency services that are available to those experiencing some form of crisis this Christmas – whether through rising rents, fuel poverty or the simple and fundamental need to be able to feed a family.
Read more: The 21 charities and voluntary groups helping out this winter
Read more: South Norwood Pay What You Can Café, Tue-Fri 10am-3pm
Read more: Fighting fund’s £1,000 donation helps at heart of community
- Inside Croydon has been delivering local community news since 2010. To support independent local journalism in Croydon, please sign up today as a supporter. Click here for more details
- If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, or want to publicise your residents’ association or business, or if you have a local event to promote, please email us with full details at email@example.com
- Inside Croydon is a member of the Independent Community News Network
- By having a comment section, we provide all readers with an immediate “right of reply” on all our content. Details of how this works can be read by clicking here
- Inside Croydon works together with the Bureau of Investigative Journalism, as well as BBC London News and ITV London
- Inside Croydon: 3.3million page views in 2021. Seen by 1.6million unique visitors in that 12-month period