Organisers of the Crystal Palace Overground Festival want local people to volunteer to be involved in what has become the biggest party of the year in the area.
Volunteers will have the opportunity to take part in the community arts festival that will run from Thursday June 26 to Sunday 29, spread across Crystal Palace, including Crystal Palace Park, Westow Park and the Upper Norwood Triangle.
The events kick off with community fringe events around the Upper Norwood Triangle area, with the big music, multi-media and vintage events held in outdoor spaces around Crystal Palace over the weekend.
Anyone may volunteer – from students to pensioners.
“We need fun-loving and flexible people who are able to volunteer just four hours of their time to help make our festival happen,” said Caroline Guinard, the festival’s volunteers manager.
“Volunteer roles include distributing programmes, helping set up the park events, putting up posters, ensuring crowd safety and providing a sign-posting service to festival-goers.
“In return we can guarantee a fun time, an opportunity to meet new friends, regular social meetings and a chance to get involved in your local community.”
The organisers actively encourage people from all backgrounds to join up – the only prerequisites are to be 18 or over, enthusiastic, friendly, reliable and committed to making the Crystal Palace Overground Festival the best yet.
Full training will be provided.
- Prospective volunteers should visit www.crystalpalacefestival.org/volunteer and complete the online application form
Coming to Croydon
- Hauntology – the architecture of Croydon, Apr 5-May 2
- Warlingham Sevens Heaven tournament, May 3
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, May 4
- Crystal Palace Chamber of Commerce Question Time, May 7
- David Lean Cinema: Wadja, May 8
- Coulsdon Euro election hustings, May 8
- David Lean Cinema: Blue Velvet, May 10
- Norwood Society Talk: West Norwood – a place of change, May 15
- David Lean Cinema: The Invisible Woman, May 15
- Coulsdon West local election hustings, May 16
- Croydon RFC charity memorial day, May 17
- Coulsdon East local election hustings, May 19 (confirmed)
- David Lean Cinema: The Rocket, May 22
- David Lean Cinema: Dallas Buyers Club, May 29
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, June 15
- Norwood Society Talk: The Concrete Church, June 19
- Classic Car Show at Purley Rotary Fields, June 22
- Crystal Palace Overground Festival, June 26-29
- South Norwood Allotments open day, June 28
- Elm Tree Cottage garden open day, Aug 10
- Norwood Society Talk: War Memorials, Sep 18
- Norwood Society Talk: From Fire Station to Theatre, Oct 16
- Norwood Society Talk: Lambeth’s Archives, Nov 20
Inside Croydon: Croydon’s only independent news source, based in the heart of the borough: 72,342 average monthly page views (Jan-Mar 2014)
If you have a news story about life in or around Croydon, a residents’ or business association or local event, please email us with full details at email@example.com